Gone But Not Forgotten
Click on images for larger picture


October 2, 1937---January 9, 2009

LEROY DOUCETTEA very young Roy with a shiny new 1949 Ford.
I bet he wishes he still had it to-day.

Some time in the mid fortys, Isador Doucette packed up his family and migrated from the southern interior to Prince George. Then in 1949 he started trucking and formed a little company called Doucette transport.

He owned the company until he sold it to his eldest son Leroy.

The company grew and expanded until in the sixties. Leroy merged the company with Jim Perry into 97 Transport. In the late sixties Leoy sold out to Jim and semi-retired to a farm at Hixon, just south of Prince George were his wife Dorthey started an antique shop and Roy started doing what Roy does best, horse trading. Roy didnt just horses trade, he traded anything and traveled all over western Canada.

As it is with life, death follows and Leroy passed away from a heart attack a few years ago and as I have said before, ‘gone but not forgotten’.

LEROY DOUCETTE Leroy standing beside a load of lumber on one of his dads trucks

This picture was taken of the the Doucette fleet in the early 1960’s
about the time Leroy bought the company from his Dad, I believe.


Valerie Enders


Valerie Enders

Val was a lady, but not only was she a lady, she was a trucker, a hell of a good trucker.

We lost Val the summer of 2008, when a van blew a stop sign, Val hit it and died in the accident. The following tribute was writen by her sister, Rita who along with every one, whose lives were touched by her, will miss her.


Back in the 80s Val was hauling logs off-highway, past Purden Lake, east of Prince George. It was winter. The landing was at the bottom of a long, hairpin hill. The weather had been ugly and the road reflected this with icy conditions. Creeping down the slippery slope a number of trucks had made their way to the landing. As the loader worked stacking logs on their trailers several drivers put their heads and concerns together. After some good jawing and opinion comparing a unanimous decision was made that the hill was too dangerous, too treacherous. They found the foreman and stated their case. There would be no trucks leaving the landing until the hill condition improved.

In the distance came the rumble of another truck coming down the hill. It was Val. Her colleagues watched as she inched her way to the landing. They continued to watch and wait as her trailer was loaded. “Turn that butt around please,” she radioed from the cab, watching her instrument panel carefully to ensure a balanced load. All eyes stayed focused as she secured her load. Their unified voice of concern was silent. Not one word was spoken as Val climbed back into her cab. Her male co-workers watched and listened as Val climbed out of the low lying landing area, crept safely up the hill and headed to her destination.

The foreman looked at the collection of drivers and said, “I guess it’s time to go back to work, boys!” And they did. Val used her exceptional judgment skills and was always grateful for the angel on her shoulder. She drove professionally for over thirty accident-free years.